Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Kraken Cowl

This was a gift for a friend- the second thing I've knit her that didn't come out quite right- and she's been a good sport about accepting flawed gifts with enthusiasm.

The major problem with this project was that despite swatching and blocking the swatch and feeling like I had the gauge down, the final result was way off. Gigantic, huge, unwearable.

I used the right weight of yarn, the right needles, so I guess it must be my tension?

Well, I don't think I'll be making this pattern again, so I'll stop asking questions and move on.






There are plenty of other projects on Ravelry where the knitter got it right (go here) and you can also buy the pattern and give it a shot yourself.

In the end, I sent it to my friend anyway, recommending that she seam up the sides and it'd make a decent body pillowcase. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment