Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Bridesmaid Shrug

We've been on the East Coast for a wedding this past week. Despite some reticence about being a bridesmaid, I ended up having a great time and loved the dress I wore.

At Stitches West, I got the yarn to make a shrug that matched the dress. It took several hours, but I found a match, with a slight purple sheen to it. (Purple = favorite, favorite color.)


For the pattern, I used Madder's Maeve, which I've made before. The pattern calls for a 12 inch color, which I found to be too much, so I only made it 6 inches long. 


I think it made and excellent addition to my bridesmaid outfit (and it garnered several compliments), but the most important part is that it covered up all my California winter tan lines. Ha.





Also, this was the first time I got fancy dressed and went out, meeting new strangers, with my neck showing. Thanks to a wonderfully kind make-up artist, my necklace strategically covers my scar and she glued it into place with eyelash glue. I was more confident because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment