Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Stitches West Haul

I love, love, love Stitches West. I went for the first time three years ago and have eagerly anticipated each one since... the market alone. Wow. I took a 3-hour class for the first time this year and that was also a great experience.

I selfishly went by myself, so as to move more nimbly through the market. The mission: find a navy/midnight blue color match for a bridesmaid's dress in fingering weight yarn. And the project is for myself, so quality is important, too.

Mission accomplished:


With slight purple overtones that I LOVE. Excellent find.

Other treats included more fiber- cool colors and a pile of 100% baby alpaca that I'm eager to learn how to spin.


And the biggest surprise was finding border collie fabric. Total impulse purchase, but how could I not???



not amused

So currently on the needles are a few projects I'll share soon: the blue shrug for the bridesmaid's dress, a wire necklace for the same wedding (first time knitting with wire!), another afghan pattern and then all the spinning I've been up to. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment