Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Here Comes the LA Marathon

Not much knitting this week, as I get my affairs in order and we journey down to LA.

The weather forecast for this Sunday's race is by far the warmest marathon I will have run out of five.


It's scary, but this race has never been about a PR for me. It will be the one (and hopefully ONLY) race I run with cancer. Well- I did one 5K between diagnosis and surgery in which I was literally running with tumors on my neck, so that's the real race WITH cancer and I did some warm-up races during training... but you know what I mean.

I'm well on my way to remission, thankfully, and marathon training has helped immensely with the mental/emotional/spiritual challenges of cancer. Seriously- what a kick in the ass this has all been. Just being able to start this race is a win, regardless of how long it takes to finish. That'll be my mantra on Sunday.

To all the other runners going down to LA: good luck, run smart, stay hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment