Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Petite Tahoe Mt Beanie

Oblique Eggplant left a lot of Malabrigo Mechita leftovers. I also had a skein of Finito in greens that I had no plans for... All of which were 100% superfine merino. It is one of the greatest pleasures of knitting- handling very fine yarn.

With greens and purples, I decided to see how a fingering weight yarn would knit up as a Tahoe Mt Beanie. The answer: child sized. Or small-headed-adult sized.

Here's the process:




The white yarn is some Rowan baby merino silk dk. Final measurements: 17" in circumference, 7-7.5" high. It doesn't fit me and I don't know any children I could convince to model it, so I put the hat on a winter squash, which is not ideal...



It wouldn't even fit on Tatum, my reliable hat model.

As you can see, I'm also tweaking the Tahoe Mt Beanie pattern, with the goal of one day soon publishing it.

If a child or small-headed adult in your family is in search of a warm hat, you can find this one for sale at my Etsy shop. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment