Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Thank Goodness That's Over


This was the first marathon I've ever started not fully believing that I'd finish. I registered 11 months ago, in the time before cancer. Almost simply out of stubbornness, I towed the start line.

It wasn't a personal best, but not a personal worst either. I'm pretty damn proud that I slogged through the heat and sun. I hope my training partner Taters is proud, too...


He's the Amy to my Shalane.

The other great event this weekend was getting to watch the US Olympic Trials for the marathon. I volunteered the day before for some set-up events and got to meet most of my favorite female runners. I maybe giggled and gushed most of the day.

Then we watched them run on a really, really tough day. It was amazing.





Lots of personal heroes for me in those photos...

Ok, that's enough about running. I'm recovering for a while, so a lot more knitting will be happening. And also: Stitches West is this coming weekend! YARN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment