Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Chunky Thick-N-Thin Blanket

A few months ago, I came into a ton of Adriafil Baba yarn (100% merino), which falls into the super chunky weight category. Like: a ton.

Now, I'm not a fan of chunky yarn. Most projects in chunky yarn look simplistic and immature to my eye and I prefer the finish of fingering weight. (I am also not good at spinning chunky yarn, but that's a different discussion.)



So without much interest in the yarn or chunky knitting patterns, I just decided to make a large rectangle in stockinette stitch and call it a blanket. The thick and thin nature of the yarn makes it more interesting and it was a quick knit, but I still don't love super chunky yarn.

The merino makes it cozy, but the large needles and thinner spots on the yarn create breathability in the blanket. I'm quite pleased with how it looks. Finished size is approximately 44" x 60", although there is a lot of stretch and give in all directions. I imagine this could be a great blanket for two people to share while sitting next to each other on a couch....





Usually I end posts with a shot of Tatum modeling the knit item, but I have no pictures of Tatum cuddled up in this one because I am selling this blanket. Should you have any interest in purchasing, go to my Etsy page here.

In the meantime, T will have to just cuddle up in one of our myriad of other wool blankets.



No comments:

Post a Comment