Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Tree Sweater #1

Last year, Taters and I participated in a tree sweater program that our downtown association put together. We were assigned a tree, then we designed a sweater for it (within certain specifications) and the sweater hung for two months.

Our inspiration was falling leaves- since it was autumn- and I knit the primary sleeve in cables while a friend made crocheted leaves. We got rave reviews.





After two months on the tree, they were to be donated to a local humane society to use for animal bedding. When taking ours off the tree, however, I found a nest of spiders underneath. Coupled with the wear-and-tear of two months outdoors, it was bound for the trash instead. Sorry, animals!

It was a fun project and I enjoyed seeing the creativity of the other tree sweaters. I have tons of ideas for the future, too, so here's hoping they keep doing this project for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment