Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Entrelac Headband

In the last year, I've had a lot of time to knit (my cancer treatment has provided abundant downtime). I decided to fill some of that time by learning new skills and expanding my knitting knowledge. For instance, I'd always been intimidated by entrelac. Turns out it looks a lot more difficult than it actually is.

After some searching to find a good beginner's pattern, I landed on a Knitty headband (free here). They call it a turban, but I think of it as a headband... And I happened to have a cool pink-green wool in my stash. Here's the result:



It was just the right amount of challenge. Required above-average attention, but once you wrap your head around the style, it flows. It's perfect for California winters- just warm enough.

And, of course, Taters had to try it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment