Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

easy yoga mat strap

This pattern is so easy, it is not really a pattern.


First, you knit a strip of garter stitch in a feltable, 100% wool. I chose some spare black wool we had in our stash. I think I made it 25 stitches wide on size 7 needles and knit 75% of the skein. Then felt it. Results will vary, but it shrinks a lot. My finished strip was 2.5" wide and 56" long.


Then sew loops into the ends. I had to make my own because I couldn't find anything at the crafts store that was wider than 1".



Pull the loops through and insert yoga mat.


Easy.

UPDATE! May 23:
Of course, the strap stretched out after a few uses. So I doubled a portion and sewed it together- makes a bit of a padded section for my shoulder. I recommend this if your strap stretches, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment